Payroll for Households
Our HouseHold Payroll Service
If you’re looking to employ a nanny, carer, or other person in your home there’s a good chance that you’re going to have to pay them through a payroll. As a home owner that’s going to feel like a big job which you might not know how to do. But for us, it’s business as usual.
After discussing who you’re employing, and what they’re doing for you, we’ll identify if a payroll is required. We will talk to you about whether the person working in your home is considered an employee, and what is needed to ensure you’re a compliant and lawful employer. We’ll send our Letter of Engagement to you which will lay out what we’ll do for you and when, and you’ll know what you’ll need to do to make sure your payroll runs smoothly.
We’ll also agree a plan to enable your payroll to be set up in the easiest way possible, and agree some dates for things to be done by so you’ll know exactly when things will be completed.
We can take care of registering you as an employer with HMRC, and we’ll find out when you’ll stage for auto enrolment and help you choose a scheme that will fit with your business. We can offer help and support with things like Employers Liability Insurance, Contracts and Written Statements of Employment, and National Minimum Wage so you’re fully prepared and protected. We’ll also make sure that you have a clear idea of the cost of things like Employers National Insurance and Pension Contributions, so that there are no financial shocks once your employee joins you.
We understand that our household customers are very different to our business customers, and we’ll make sure that we take time to explain things to you so that you understand what’s being done on your behalf.
Our Fixed Fee, Household Payroll Service starts at £14.80 per month
Our comprehensive service includes:
- Standard payroll payment calculations and income tax and national insurance deductions
- Calculation of statutory sick pay, and maternity and paternity pay, and entitlement to maternity and paternity and leave.
- After Auto Enrolment, monthly assessment of employees for Workplace Pension status, and notification of change of status.
- Electronic pay slips emailed to you and directly to your employees at your request.
- Completion of your monthly electronic return to HMRC.
- Upload of your pension data file to your Auto Enrolment Pension Provider.
- Reports for your records, which will be provided directly to you and a third party at your request.
- Confirmation of the amount to be paid to HMRC each month, and a reminder of the date that it’s due.
- Confirmation of the amount to be paid to your pension provider each month, and a reminder of the date that it’s due.
- Addition of new employees to the payroll.
- Processing of leavers and electronic P45 emailed to you or directly to them at your request.
- Year End Process, including electronic P60’s emailed directly to you.
- Includes 1 hour of phone support during each financial year.
- 14 day credit terms on each invoice
Auto Enrolment Administration starts at £40.00 per hour, and covers:
- Workplace Pension Employee Opt In/Opt Out processing.
- Electronic letters in relation to Workplace Pension Status Change or Opt In/Opt Out notifications.
Having to arrange payroll for a household employee might seem like a daunting task. But our simple and helpful service means that you’ll get all the help you need, without getting wrapped up in red tape with HMRC and The Pension Regulator.
Call Nadine today on 01384 92 90 20 to find out how easy we can make this for you.