Payroll for Households
Our HouseHold Payroll Service
If you’re looking to employ a nanny, carer, or other person in your home there’s a good chance that you’re going to have to pay them through a payroll. As a home owner that’s going to feel like a big job which you might not know how to do. But for us, it’s business as usual.
After discussing who you’re employing, and what they’re doing for you, we’ll identify if a payroll is required. We will talk to you about whether the person working in your home is considered an employee, and what is needed to ensure you’re a compliant and lawful employer. We’ll send our Letter of Engagement and GDPR Data Processor Agreement to you which will lay out what we’ll do for you and when, and you’ll know what you’ll need to do to make sure your payroll runs smoothly.
We’ll also agree a plan to enable your payroll to be set up in the easiest way possible, and agree some dates for things to be done by so you’ll know exactly when things will be completed.
We can take care of registering you as an employer with HMRC, and we’ll discuss Auto Enrolment Workplace Pensions and help you choose a scheme that will fit with your circumstances. We can offer help and support with things like National Minimum Wage and holiday monitoring so you’re fully prepared and protected. We’ll also make sure that you have a clear idea of the cost of things like Employers National Insurance and Pension Contributions, so that there are no financial shocks once your employee joins you.
We understand that our household customers are very different to our business customers, and we’ll make sure that we take time to explain things to you so that you understand what’s being done on your behalf.
Our Fixed Fee, Household Payroll Service starts at £26.40 per month which includes pension processing*.
And set-up of a compliant Auto Enrolment Workplace Pension Scheme can be completed from as little as £249.00**.
Our comprehensive service includes:
- Standard payroll payment calculations and income tax and national insurance deductions.
- Calculation of holiday entitlement. Annual leave and absence monitored and records of holiday taken kept, with a monthly report and calendar provided.
- Monthly assessment of employees for Workplace Pension status, and notification of change of status. Contribution calculation and deduction.
- Electronic pay slips emailed to you and directly to your employees at your request.
- Completion of your monthly electronic return to HMRC.
- Upload of your pension data file to your Auto Enrolment Pension Provider.
- Reports for your records, which will be provided directly to you and a third party or accountant at your request.
- Confirmation of the amount to be paid to HMRC each quarter, and a reminder of the date that it’s due.
- Confirmation of the amount to be paid to your pension provider each month, and a reminder of the date that it’s due.
- Addition of new employees to the payroll.
- Processing of leavers and electronic P45s emailed to you or directly to them at your request.
- Year End Process, including electronic P60s emailed directly to you.
- Includes 1 hour of phone support or admin during each financial year.
- 14 day credit terms on each invoice
Having to arrange payroll for a household employee might seem like a daunting task. But our simple and helpful service means that you’ll get all the help you need, without getting wrapped up in red tape with HMRC and The Pension Regulator.
Call Nadine today on 01384 92 90 20 to find out how easy we can make this for you.
*Quoted fees are for households with 1 employee only (2022-23 tax year)
**Fee based on Nest Pension Scheme. Other fees many apply with other pension providers.
*** Management of other absence e.g. maternity, paternity, shared or adoption leave, and production of letters charged at an hourly rate of £40.00 or as illustrated in your quotation.