Payroll for Nannys & Babysitters
Babysitter & Nanny Payroll
Our Babysitter & Nanny Payroll Service
If you’re employing a Nanny or Babysitter to care for the little people in your family, you’re already busy. You’re in the process of finding your Nanny, or perhaps you already have, but you’ve probably realised that paying them will need to be via PAYE. And you really don’t have time to be getting into the finer points of payroll, auto enrolment workplace pensions, holiday entitlement or employment contracts. This may be the reason you haven’t employed someone up to now.
As with everything we do, we’re here to make things simple. After a chat about working hours and pay your Nanny will receive, we can guide you through whether you need a workplace pension, holiday entitlement, employment contracts, and any other questions.
If you’re then happy to proceed, we’ll forward our Letter of Engagement and GDPR Addendum in an email that asks for a new more facts about how and when you plan to pay your Nanny, and whether we’re looking after things like holiday monitoring and auto enrolment.
There will also be a link to the HMRC New Starter form, which your employee will need to complete. These documents are then returned to us by email.
Its likely you haven’t yet registered for a PAYE scheme with HMRC, so we’ll get on with this straight away and we’ll begin payroll set-up payroll at this point.
Throughout the process we expect you’ll have questions and are on hand to walk you through things such as national minimum wage, how tax and national insurance are calculated, and to help you answer any questions your new Nanny or candidate has.
Our fixed fee Nanny Payroll service starts at £35.20 per month which includes pension processing*
And set-up of a compliant Auto Enrolment Workplace Pension Scheme can be completed from as little as £249.00**
Our comprehensive service includes:
- Standard payroll payment calculations and income tax and national insurance deductions.
- Calculation of holiday entitlement. Annual leave and absence monitored and records of holiday taken kept, with a monthly report and calendar provided.
- Monthly assessment of employees for Workplace Pension status, and notification of change of status. Contribution calculation and deduction.
- Electronic pay slips emailed to you and directly to your employees at your request.
- Completion of your monthly electronic return to HMRC.
- Upload of your pension data file to your Auto Enrolment Pension Provider.
- Reports for your records, which will be provided directly to you and a third party or accountant at your request.
- Confirmation of the amount to be paid to HMRC each quarter, and a reminder of the date that it’s due.
- Confirmation of the amount to be paid to your pension provider each month, and a reminder of the date that it’s due.
- Addition of new employees to the payroll.
- Processing of leavers and electronic P45s emailed to you or directly to them at your request.
- Year End Process, including electronic P60s emailed directly to you.
- Includes 1 hour of phone support or admin during each financial year.
- 14 day credit terms on each invoice
Arranging payroll for your Nanny doesn’t need to be a headache. Our simple payroll service, from set up to your monthly payroll becoming business as usual is what we do.
Call Nadine today on 01384 92 90 20 to find out how simple we can make this for you.
*Quoted fees are for households with 1 employee only (2022-23 tax year)
**Fee based on Nest Pension Scheme. Other fees many apply with other pension providers.
*** Management of other absence e.g. maternity, paternity, shared or adoption leave, and production of letters charged at an hourly rate of £40.00 or as illustrated in your quotation.