- PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
You may submit your information to us for a number of reasons:
- When you enquire about our products and services: your name, business name, telephone number, email.
- When you purchase a product or service: this may include your name, business name, address, email, telephone number and business registered number, national insurance number.
We will not process special categories of personal data such as race, ethnicity, religious or political opinion.
Should you give us personal data about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with all data protection laws. In advance of submitting any information to us you should have notified them that data is shared and clarified how we collect, use and retain their personal information.
- HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We undertake to design our systems and products in such a way as to minimise the use of personal data. Where data is required, the purpose for which you are invited to give us information is clear. We will not use your information for purposes that are not clear when you provide your details. Should we intend to use your data for any other purpose, we will not do so without first notifying you in writing.
We use your information to:
- meet the requirements of the contract,
- provide information and services that you have requested,
- manage our relationship with you,
- monitor, measure, improve and protect our products and services,
- ensure compliance with the terms of our contract,
- comply with regulatory requirements,
- request your participation in any customer research. Where testimonials or feedback have been provided, this information may be used in marketing material in an anonymous format, only with specific agreement from you will your details be associated with any comments,
- market new products, features or services only where you have specifically opted-in to receive marketing emails.
We do not employ automated decision making methods in relation to any of your personal data stored.
Information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention and legitimate business purposes.
Where you have requested a quotation for products or services by telephone, or made an online enquiry, but not become a customer of PayrollAbility, details will generally be stored by us for 3 months after the enquiry date. This is to allow you opportunity to consider our proposal and have further discussions with us relating to your business needs.
Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
- EMAILS FROM US
We will send clients email notifications regarding your employees payroll and specific employee details, and purchases (such as invoices and credit notes) as well as emails relating to legislation or process changes, or other information relating to your employees payroll and the processing required.
We may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post, or email. You have the ability to unsubscribe from opted-in communications at any time. Alternatively, you can let us know your preferences by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 01384 92 90 20
- PayrollAbility. 43 New Rowley Road, Dudley, West Midlands. DY2 8AB
- DISCLOSURE AND SHARING OF YOUR DATA
In the following circumstances, we may send your personally identifiable information to others.
- We have obtained your express consent to share the information.
- We need to share your information to provide the service or product you have requested, paid or unpaid.
- We need to send the information to others who work on behalf of PayrollAbility to provide a service or product to you.
- We find that your actions violate the terms of our Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines.
- Our company is subject to a take-over or merger in which case the information will be disclosed to the new owners on the understanding that they will protect the information and only use the information in substantially the same way as previously.
- We must respond to court orders and any other legitimate request by authorities with which we must comply.
- We undertake not to sell, trade, or rent any personally identifiable information to others.
Internally, we limit access to personal information about you to those PayrollAbility employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their job.
THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
In providing you with the product or service you request, we may occasionally use third party companies to manage collation, processing and storage of your personal information on our behalf. These companies are carefully selected and screened to ensure maximum protection of your security and privacy and are permitted to use the information only in accordance with our instructions.
These third party providers are not permitted to further transfer your personal data nor are they permitted to use your personal data for their own business purposes.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Where possible, we only process your information within the European Economic Area (EEA). However, some of the service providers referred to above may be based outside of the EEA.
We take steps to ensure that where your information is transferred outside of the EEA to our service providers and hosting providers, appropriate measures and controls are in place to protect that information in accordance with applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- MEASURING OUR VISITORS
We measure visitors to our website using Google Analytics. This records what pages you view on our site, how you arrived at our site and some basic information about your computer. All of that information is anonymous. We don’t know who you are – just that somebody visited our site.
The information we collect from analytics helps us understand what parts of our website are doing well, how people arrive at our site, and so on. Like most websites, we use this information to make our website better.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites you visit. Cookies help make this website work and provide information to us about how users interact with our site. We use this information to improve our website.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- EMAILING OF PAYROLL DOCUMENTATION
If we use our software’s emailing feature, your employee’s payslips/P60s will be sent through a secure server. Every effort has been taken to maintain the highest possible levels of security and all emails are automatically deleted from the server once sent. To enhance the security of emailed files, we highly recommend that Customers provide a password which will be used on all company documents. Finally, we would draw your attention to section H below.
We take the security of your data very seriously. PayrollAbility take technical and organisational measures to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. These precautions include:
- Use of SSL encryption for sensitive data
- Hardware stored in secured and unobtrusive offices
- All access to information restricted by password and/or secure key
- Restrictions to what information can be accessed via any location
Whilst we undertake to maintain the highest possible levels of security practicable to protect data it should be realised that no data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and there is always some risk of unauthorised access. PayrollAbility cannot be held liable for any breach of security. Any information submitted to us is done so at your own risk.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You may contact us if you have any questions about this policy, if you would like to see a copy of the information that we hold on you, if you would like that information to be corrected or even request for it to be deleted.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, please contact us and we will investigate the matter.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, send a signed letter to PayrollAbility, 43 New Rowley Road, Dudley, West Midlands. DY2 8AB
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe our processing of your personal data is not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Last Updated: 25th May 2018